Built in 1882, Kilshane House, locateed at the end of a half mile long driveway, is the centrepiece of 320 acres of private parkland which includes a trout river, a remarkable Victorian landscape garden with a man-made lake, huge noble trees, a very large and handsome curvilinear palm house ca. 1880, an extensive walled garden, a ballroom in an orangerie, a secluded tennis court surrounded by rhododendrons, a helicopter pad and more.
A very large and handsome conservatory with curvilinear roofs supported by cast-iron columns and fan-like arches was added to the house ca 1880. Through the front door under the limestone Ionic portico, the main hall, with its pair of marble columns and 14 foot high ceilings and fine plasterwork, takes the visitor to the wonderfully proportioned drawing room, library, dining room, and morning room each with unfettered, flawless views across country. The stairs lead up to five stately bedrooms each with an open fireplace and a large bathroom/dressing room with generous period fittings. The quantities of 10 foot high windows in each of the bedrooms, and the immense expanse of the Tipperary sky, visible both night and day transforms these rooms, which are furnished simply but comfortably, and allow the visitor to retreat to a rich solitude to work, relax, or dream. It should be noted that state-of-the-art telephone and computer points are fitted in each room for travelling the Internet as well as the solar system. Downstairs, in the basement, the original kitchen is a bar and there is a full-size Victorian billiard table under a skylight, down the hall from the wine cellar. In a separate wing, there are a further two suites of rooms each containing two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a sitting room. Also, there are four bedrooms and baths at basement level with private terrace. The kitchen is fully fitted for cooks amateur or professional. Last, but not least, there is a fine ballroom in a separate building.
Outside, there are walks both gentle or sporting through the estate to view archeological sites, the walled garden, the stableyard, the tennis court or, beyond the main gates, visits to the Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle and the Swiss Cottage. Golf, hill walking, riding, hunting, fishing, shooting, and racing are some of the other activities one can choose from.
From Tipperary Town, take the main Clonmel/Waterford road and the entrance gates to the Kilshane House and Estate are 2.7 miles out this road on the left.